- Patrons may check out materials if they have a Henderson Library card or a library card from a CLEVNET library.
- Patrons 5 years and older may register for a library card free of charge.
- To obtain a library card, a patron must have picture identification and identification showing his/her current address (ex: driver’s license, utility bill, passport, military ID).
- Children under 13 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign for them to register for a library card.
- Children ages 13 to 18 must show a picture ID and some form of identification with his/her current address. If a child does not have ID, a parent or guardian must show ID and sign for the child.
- Library card applications must be signed in the presence of library staff.
Use of Library Card
- Patrons must have a valid library card in order to check out materials and use the public computers.
- Patrons may check out materials without presenting a library card at the discretion of the staff.
- Patrons may use their library cards as long as fines do not exceed $25.00. Wi-Fi Hotspots can only be checked out if fines/fees are $3.00 or less.
- HMPL follows the ALA Council Library Bill of Rights.
- Materials received from other CLEVNET libraries other than Henderson are subject to the lending library’s policies on loans and renewals.
- Any fees incurred from the lending library are the responsibility of the patron.
- General items: 21 days
- Blu-Rays & DVDs: 7 days
- TV Shows on DVDs & Blu-Rays: 21 days
- Wi-Fi Hotspots : 14 days, and then patron has to wait for 24 hrs. before borrowing again.
- Extended loan may be granted for extenuating circumstances (ex: vacations, homebound). Except on Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- There is a maximum of 50 items that can be checked out per card.
- Only 12 DVDs or Blu-Rays can be checked out per card.
- Further considerations are at the discretion of the staff.
For General Public
- 5 renewals on Books, Books on CD, and Music CDs, provided that no one else is waiting for the materials.
- 2 renewals on DVDs and Blu-Rays, provided that no one else is waiting for the materials.
- Materials on extended loans may be renewed one time.
- Renewals may be done by phone or online.
- All Blu-rays/DVDs will be free-of-charge to borrow.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots must be returned inside the library and not placed in the Book Drop.
Late Fees on HMPL items
- $0.10 a day for EACH item, except Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- $3.00 maximum on EACH item, except Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- $5.00 per day for Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- $25.00 maximum for Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- Wifi Hotspots will be deactivated immediately upon reaching overdue status.
- After 21 days late, the Wi-Fi Hotspots will go to lost and replacement cost will be charged to the patron.
*Materials must be in the book drop before next day’s opening to avoid a fine.
* Fine-Free days will be designated at the Library’s discretion.
- Overdue notices are not sent out on materials.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot borrowers will receive a courtesy call after 1 day late.
- Lost notices go out from Clevnet after an item has been overdue past 21 days.
- Patrons can sign up for email notification through Clevnet, which let you know when an item is coming due.
Damaged Items & Lost Items
- If an item is damaged beyond repair, or lost, the patron will reimburse the library for the replacement cost of the item, or the cost may be waived if the patron replaces the item with the exact item, except for Wi-Fi Hotspots.
The Director will determine other costs due to damage.
Services & Fees
- The Fax Machine is available to send or receive during library hours.
- Faxes will be sent for patrons as staff time permits.
- Any FAX received or sent will be kept on file at the library for one week, after that time, any unclaimed FAX will be disposed of by the staff.
Fees for sending a FAX:
Local Calls and calls within the United States:
$2.00 for up to five pages including cover page / per FAX
$0.25 for each additional page
$5.00 for up to five pages including cover page / per FAX
$0.50 for each additional page
- Staff will accept payment once the FAX confirmation has been received.
- Fees for receiving a FAX are $0.15 for each page.
Copier Machine: Fees
Black & White Copies
- $0.15 a page – letter & legal size
- $0.30 a page – double-sized
- $0.30 a page – 11x17
- $0.60 a page – double-sided
- $0.50 a page – letter & legal size
- $1.00 a page – double-sized
- $0.50 a page – 11x17
- $1.00 a page – double-sided
Five free copies may be made from reference sources.
- All b&w printing $0.15 a page
- All color printing $0.50 a page
- $1.00 per sheet for 8 ½ x 11, and 8 ½ x 14
- $2.00 per sheet for 11x17
Revised: December 12, 2017, May 9, 2017, June 14, 2016, February 15, 2005, November 11, 2003
Adopted: September 14, 1999
Henderson Board of Trustees