June 15, 2020: The Henderson Library reopened its doors to the public under limited hours and services in accordance with recommendations from the Governor's office, the Ashtabula County Health Department, and the Ohio Library Council. Please note the following restrictions:
Monday - Saturday 9 AM - 10 AM restricted to COVID-19 At-Risk Population, 10 AM - 5 PM open to the General Population - NOTE: the library will CLOSE daily between 1-2 PM for shift change and sanitizing. Sunday: Closed
ENTRANCE: Use the south entrance to enter and exit the building. This is the entrance that leads from the main parking lot and sidewalks.
UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING: Face Coverings are required of both staff and public. If you are unable to comply with a face covering we invite you to utilize our curbside services. When you enter the library you will have your hands sanitized by our daily staff greeter and you will be questioned as to your wellness condition (not feeling any symptoms of COVID-19 and temperature under 100.4 degrees fahrenheit.) DO NOT ENTER THE LIBRARY IF YOU ARE SICK.
*If you have materials to return to the library, they MUST be left in the back lobby for immediate quarantine or placed in the book drop at the west entrance.
CURBSIDE SERVICE/ DELIVERY: The library will continue curbside service and delivery of packages at the west entrance (double doors by the book drop). The only people using this door should be curbside patrons and delivery trucks.
May 4, 2020: exterior book drop reopened at the Henderson Library. All returned materials are isolated in a quarantined area before they are placed back on the shelves.
May 12, 2020: curbside pick-up service began.
July 6, 2020: holds reopened throughout the Clevnet system.
CURBSIDE SERVICE PROCEDURE
To keep patrons and staff safe, please follow the steps below. Pick up is arranged by appointment only, following social distancing guidelines.
1. Patrons may place their own holds on Clevnet materials online, or you can call us at (440) 576-3761 and we will be happy to place those holds for you.
2. You will receive a phone call, text message, or email from Clevnet when your items are ready for pick-up. Please call the Henderson Library ahead of time to set up an appointment time to pick up your materials curbside. Since curbside materials must be checked out before you arrive for your appointment calling ahead is appreciated so that our staff can make sure your materials are ready to go.
3. Library Hours for pick-up will be: Monday- Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM (Note: the library is closed 1 - 2 PM for cleaning daily)
4. When you arrive at the library, pull up to the double doors at the front entrance. Call us at (440)576-3761 with your cell phone to let us know you have arrived, or ring the door bell located to the right of the doors.
5. A staff member will retrieve your materials and have you open your trunk and place them in there. If you are on foot, staff will place materials on a table for you in the front foyer. Please wait until staff has moved out of the foyer before you retrieve them from the table.
Wifi is always available 24/7 in our parking lot.
We strongly encourage our patrons to continue to take advantage of our online resources at Libby or Hoopla, which includes e-books, audio books, movies, and music.
COMPUTER USAGE: Computer usage will be by appointment only with 30 minute duration per day. To set up an appointment call us at (440) 576-3761 or email Jacob Haskell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAXIMUM CAPACITY: There will a maximum of 10-15 patrons at a time in the library. We ask that you limit your time to 30 minutes in the library.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: We will enforce the minimum 6 foot distancing. For this reason, only ONE person will be allowed in any aisle at a time. Patrons are asked to stay OUTSIDE the white line around the circulation desk for the safety of staff and yourselves.
CHILDREN: All children under the age of 11 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
FACILITY RESTRICTIONS: All restrooms and water fountains will be CLOSED to the public. There will be no loitering and no chairs available. Newspapers will not be provided for public sharing. Food and drink will not be permitted. The library meeting room will not be available to the public for reservation at this time.
SELF-CHECKOUT: The use of the self checkout station is strongly encouraged and will be sanitized throughout the day.
COPIES/FAXES: There will be a labeled box located at the circulation desk upon your entry into the library to place all your documents for copy/fax service. We request that only staff make copies for you at this time. There will be no charge for this service, however we will provide a donation jar for those that would like to make a donation to the library.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we restore some of our services in a manner that is SAFE for everyone. Thank you.
The Henderson Library reserves the right to adjust hours and library service as needed as pandemic conditions fluctuate.