A monetary gift to Henderson Memorial Public Library is one that will be enjoyed by the community for years to come.
Monetary gifts given without restriction may be used in ways as deemed appropriate by the Director or Library Board: purchase of materials or equipment, library programs, etc.
Monetary gifts of $1000 or less are accepted by the Director and reported to the Library Board of Trustees.
Monetary gifts over $1000 must be approved by the Library Board before acceptance.
Gifts to Henderson Memorial Public Library are tax-deductible.
Gift Books, Magazines and Nonprint Materials
The Board of the Henderson Memorial Public Library gratefully acknowledges the receipt of donated materials with the following guidelines.
1. New materials may be considered for addition to the collection, based upon the current Collection Development Policy.
2. Books written by local authors may be added, regardless of quality or need.
3. Gift plates may be added to the inside book covers indicating donor.
4. A thank you card will be sent to the donor, as well as to an individual or family, should the book have been donated in their honor or memory.
5. The Library retains the right to place donated materialsnot needed, in book sales or dispose of them in other ways.
The Library may add used materials to the collection, based upon the Collection Development Policy, and the following guidelines:
1. Books must not be outdated, or in the case of editions, superseded.
2. Books must be in good condition and not in need of binding or repairs. Example: No marked or torn pages, broken spines, yellowed paper.
3. The Library retains the right to place donated used materials in book sales or dispose of them in other ways if the above criteria are not met.
1. Subscriptions to new magazines will be considered and accepted based upon the Collection Development Policy.
A donation acknowledgement form (attached) should be completed by the donor. The Library assigns no estimate or value to any donated item. This responsibility lies with the donor.
Revised 7/14/2009, April 3, 1996